23‑24 February, 2017
The Science Exchange, ADELAIDE
Conference Theme: Seeing Science Differently
RESEARCH STREAM CALL FOR PAPERS
ABSTRACTS DUE: 1 December 2016
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more than two decades, the ASC has been a venue for the growing academic field of science communication. In 2017, we have the opportunity to reflect on science communication and seeing science differently. Within this broad theme, the ASC encourages researchers to submit abstracts for consideration for the conference research stream. These might explore the following suggested topics—this is not an exhaustive list:
• Analyses of media modes for science communication—presenting science differently
• Studies of journalistic approaches to seeing science differently
• Inclusive approaches to science and science communication (including citizen science) bringing new vision to science communication
• Critical approaches to science and science communication
• Historical revisions to seeing science or science communication differently
• Evaluations of science communication that shed a different light on science and/or science communication
• New discourses and research coming in to science communication to reframe research agendas
In an abstract of not more than 500 words please give us the main argument or contribution of the paper, an indication of the data or theoretical framework on which it draws, and an overview of the paper.
The papers will be delivered in the academic stream and each paper will have 15 minutes for delivery. We welcome panel submissions of 3‑4 papers and a respondent. If this is your preference, please submit the individual abstracts and a panel abstract as a single submission, including a proposed title for the panel. Individual submissions are also welcome; they will also be peer reviewed and organized into panels. The theme might inspire other formats than the traditional academic paper. You are welcome to submit proposals for guided discussions or roundtables; please indicate the topic and the material to be provided to start the discussion.
Please submit to: conference.submissions [at] asc.asn.au by 5pm AEST, 1 December 2016
Submissions must include:
- Title of paper/s and if a panel, proposed title of panel
- Name, title, and contact information for each participant
- 500 word abstract
- Short bio for program
- Photo for program
- Specify whether you are applying for onsite or online paper presentation#
- A brief answer to the theme question:
How does your research contribute to Seeing Science Differently?
Please note that to deliver your paper, you must be a member of the ASC. Check your membership expiry now…
#ASC2017 is a blended onsite/online conference and you are eligible to apply for either onsite or online presentation of your paper. Please specify either or both when submitting. More info here.
Please share with colleagues, students and other researchers you think will be interested.
Download a PDF of this page here.
More about conference submissions here.